I’ll be taking Systematic Theology parts 1 and 2 through the fall terms, and the third portion sometime later. Fall Term 1 starts August 1, so I had to order my textbooks. Today was the day they arrived! I do love getting books in the mail (hint, hint)!
Actually, From the Mouth of God had arrived weeks back, as I ordered it well in advance. But the others all arrived boxed up together. Quick run through of what we have:
- From the Mouth of God – Sinclair B. Ferguson
- God’s Greater Glory – Bruce A. Ware (the prof!)
- Trinitarian Theology – Keith S. Whitfield (editor)
- The Doctrine of God – John M. Frame
- Systematic Theology (2nd ed) – Wayne Grudem
Wayne Grudem’s is the primary/required text. The others are all “supplementary”, which in this case means “required if you want to get a good grade.” I’ll just add these to my current pastoral reading, devotional reading, and my church’s residency reading lists. May be some thin times in the near future for recreational reading…